INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I am a (female) Chinese citizen. I have a visitor visa to

I am a (female) Chinese citizen. I have a visitor visa to visit my partner (boyfriend) in the UK. The terms of the visitor visa do not to allow me to work in the UK and I have no intention of doing so.

However my work involves working with factories in China to organise the export of sporting goods etc, and liaising between Chinese factories and their customers. It is completely based in China. I assume the terms of the visitor visa would not prevent me from occasionally responding to e-mails from customers, telephoning the factories in China, etc, when I am in the UK. But I should check that this is acceptable. None of my China-based work involves any contact with UK clients, customers, or manufacturers. I know a business via would be required for any activity such as attending trade fairs etc.

Can I, without violating my visa conditions, electronically continue my China-based activities that do not involve the UK?

Thanks for your question.

The restriction not allowing you to work whilst on a Visitor Visa refers to you seeking paid or voluntary work or visiting business clients whilst in the UK.

If you are merely checking your e-mail and attending calls for your employment in China, there is no restriction against this. After all, some people are expected to keep in contact with their employers, even if they are away on vacation.

I hope this answers yoru question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,