Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience

hello can anyone help me !! My turkish partner of 3 months

Customer Question

hello can anyone help me !! My turkish partner of 3 months is eager to get a ring on my finger??!! He is divorced...approx 12 months. Does he need to re marry to stay in this country?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  jludwic replied 7 years ago.

What country?

Are you a US citizen?

How did he enter the country?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am English...i live in the uk. He met his English wife n Turkey then married her here in UK. He is now divorced. We were meant to be going to meet the family! on Friday just gone. Then the day before he said his Nan and died who lives in Greece and therefore his family were of there so we could not go to Turkey. He said he can not go to Greece as he has no visa. But yesterday he went to Manchester and said he got it sorted ther and will have it in 2 days....all sounds a bit dodgy.....or maybe i am just being too suspicious! Thankyou
Expert:  Clare replied 7 years ago.

it is certainly unusual for a turkush family to have relatives in Greece and the timetable does seem a little suspect

if he has not yet got his indefinite leave to remain then he will need to get another spousal visa