INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

hello, i am a british citizen married for about 2yrs but my

Customer Question

Hello, I am a british citizen married (in a Church of England) for about 2yrs but my husband has overstayed his visa (way before our marriage) and being told to sign weekly at a designated office (Beckett House).

He has been in the country since 1998 with a visiting visa from South Africa. Upon arriving in the country his passport was seized...because it was discovered that someone else used his details to apply for visa.

what options are open to me? I don't want to have to go to Nigeria to apply for a spousal visa.

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Does your husband have any application pending at the Home Office?

Many thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No, he does not have any application pending. He has not made any application to the Home Office.

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.
Ok, if he does not have an application pending, he should make an application for a Spouse Visa from the UK.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Wouldn't the fact that he has received 2 reporting restrictions hinder his application?

In response to your email about feedback - I just felt that your answer to put in his application with no extra note on what we could do to make sure the application wasn't turned down was just not enough advise from a solicitor

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

The fact that he has reporting restrictions will not hinder his application unless he has breached the term of thise reporting restrictions.

It would be difficult to advise what evidence you should submit in support of your application without having sight of the passport and taking detailed further instructions.

I hope this helps.