INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I am a naturalised British citizen and my wife is on marriage

I am a naturalised British citizen and my wife is on marriage visa living with me in UK.we have a baby born in UK.before my wife's two year visa expired we applied for settlement visa.(3 month ago).Last six years I was working as self-employed construction worker and was paying all relevant taxes.Recently I become unemployed and claiming jobseeker's allowance,housing benefit and council tax benefit.
Can You please advice me how these would affect my wife,s application?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

It would be difficult to give you any specific advice withiut seeing any documentation. Although, I can provide some general information.

As the Sponsor, you have the obligation to accomodate and maintain you and your Spouse. Your Spouse will not be entitled to claim any benefits, however, as a British Citizen, you are entitled to make an application for benefits.

Provided the marriage is still subsiting and your wife meets all of the other criteria, namely she has not been claiming any public funds, your application should be successful.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,