INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

My marriage visa (South African Passport, and been married

Customer Question

My marriage visa (South African Passport, and been married 2 and half years)has expired, My husband is retired and holds a British Passport, we want to move back to the Uk and buy a house in December 2009. Will I be able to work over there (40 years) and what visa will I need if we visit in December. We plan to move to the Uk in April next year.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If your marriage (Spouse Visa) has expired, you will need to make an application for a new spouse visa.

Once you have been granted a Spouse Visa, you will be entitled to work up until retirement age.

If you are planning on visiting the UK in December, you will need to make an application for a Visitors Visa.

You will be entitled to make an application for Indefinite Leave to Remain after your 2 year Spouse Visa has come to an end. Had you been married for 4 years or more, you would have been entitled to make an application for ILR upon your arrival in the UK.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If yu wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,