INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

hi, my fiancee would like to come to the UK and visit me from

hi, my fiancee would like to come to the UK and visit me from China next year for 1 maybe 2 months and i was wondering if you could give me some advice on that.

i am a final year engineering student at bristol university and want to sponsor her, she will be living with me when she comes and has money in a english bank account to pay for the trip.

is it ok for a student to sponsor a visitor to the UK and will her visa decision be effected by a previous refusal. The previous refusal was for the renewal of a student visa but she had to leave the UK last June. she did appeal this and was refused again.

thanks chris

Hi Chris,

What is your nationality?

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
im am english by birth and she is chinese.

There is nothing stopping a student sponsoring a visitor to the UK, however, if you do Sponsor your girlfriend, you will have to show that you will be able to financially maintain and accomodate her for the duration of her stay, if you are unable to do so, it is likely that her application will be refused.

It is probably better for her to make an application for a Visitors Visa of her own without sponsorship from you. She will still have to fulfill the accomodation and maintenance requirements.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
would it look better if i was to get one of my parents who are working sponsor her trip. she has £5000 in a uk bank account so i wont be giving her any money it will only be that she will be living with me. also if the visa is accepted does that mean she is able to stay for up to six months or just between the dates that are specified when she applies.

thanks chris

It probably would be best for your parents to sponsor her application, however, if she does not require any financial assistance, she will probably not need sponsprship.

She should only stay as long as she has specified on her application form. However, she will be granted a 6 month Visa. If in the future she was to make a further application, they would question her intentions if she was to stay longer than the period she specifies she will stay.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
one more thing, would they be more likely to accept if my parents were to sponsor her or do you think it would not make a difference because she already has enough money. just i dont want her visa application to be refused for any reason.

thanks chris

As she is not a family member, it does not make a difference whether she is sponsored or not. In any event, she will have to show that she can financially maintain and accommodate herself for the duration of her stay without recourse to public funds.

If your parents will not be accomodating her, I do not think it would make any difference

if they sponsor her application or not.

I hope this helps.