INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

hi, im an international student in uk. few months before

hi,
i'm an international student in uk. few months before i got married here and she is also international student. our marriage was with the consent of home office by obtaining Certificate of approval. now my visa is expiring on 30th november and i want to extend my visa as my wife's dependent. what should i do?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

What kind of Visa does your wife have and when does it expire?

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its already mentioned in my question, anyway, she also holds the student visa and her visa expires in october 2010
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

You and your wife will need to submit an application for a Dependants Visa 28 days before your visa expires.

As a Student, she is allowed to invite Dependants into the UK who will be granted a Visa on the same basis.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
may be you didn't understand my question. i know

"As a Student, she is allowed to invite Dependants into the UK who will be granted a Visa on the same basis."as you said in your answer, but my question is whether i'm allowed to change my student status to dependant status from inside the uk, as i'm currently holding international student visa.

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes you can change your Visa. The only Visa you cannot extend or change into another category is the Visitors Visa.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thanks for your answer. now can u please tell me which application form to use for that as ukba website has got lots of application form. if u just tell me which application form that would be enough for me.

thanks again

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Click on the following link for a copy of the Form.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/pbsdependantapplication.pdf

I hope this helps.