INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I have enjoyed holidays in Kurdistan with Kurdish friends and

I have enjoyed holidays in Kurdistan with Kurdish friends and would like to invite one over for a holiday. I would fund this, but I see the UK government still want evidence that they will have sufficient funds to fund their own visit.How much is considered sufficient?

Thanks for your question.

It all depends on how long the person is proposing to stay in the UK as to what amount is required.

Generally, provided the person can show that they can travel to the UK and maintain and accommodate themselves without recourse to public funds, they wil not require a specific amount of funds to show to the UKBA in support of their application.

Further, a Sponsor can provisde a Statutory declaration stating that they will bear the cost of any return passage and pay for any maintenance costs during the persons stay in the UK.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

How do I make a statutory declaration? do I need a solicitor?

A Statutory Declaration should w signed in the presence of a SOlicitor or Commisioner for Oaths, however you do not need a solicitor to draft one.