INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I have just received notice from the UK Border Agency that

I have just received notice from the UK Border Agency that my application to extend my student visa for another year has been refused on the grounds that I have insufficient funds. This was because I submitted an out of date statement with the application. The requirement for the 30 academic points was met.

The 10 point financial requirement was not met according to UKBA because my projected fees anmounted to £6700 and needed a further £1200 to prove I could meet cost of living expenses.

The actual cost of my fees (for 2009-2010) was £5860 and I have a universtity receipt. I now have a letter from the building society (Dated 6 Oct 2009) stating that my current Building Society balance is £8425.79. Once my fees are taken from this I still have £2565 for maintenance - £1365.79 in excess of the required £1200. I work part time (under my last visa regs)and have another £294 in my current account.

Can I appeal using the above information and the procedure sent to me by UKBA?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If you have been granted Leave to Appeal, I suggest you make an appeal as soon as possible as you will only have up to 28 days in which to make any appeal.

If you can provide evidence showing that you have adequate maintenenace funds, this will be considered by the Asylum & Immigration Tribunal (AIT).

I would suggest you appeal rather than ask for an Administrative Review.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,