INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

I am a Chinese passport holder and have UK ILR for over 6 years.

I am a Chinese passport holder and have UK ILR for over 6 years. I have a full-time job, own a house and car. Both my parents in China retired and over 70 now. They don't have any other relatives to look after them now. They have their own pension and I did not finicial support them in the past. Is possible to bring them over UK and settle with me so I can look after them? many thanks!
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If you have ILR, I would suggest you apply for Naturalisation as soon as possible.

As a person with ILR you are entitled to make an application for Dependants to join you in the UK.

Click on the following link for further details:

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. I've looked that website before, the bit confused me is "he/she is completely, or mainly, financially dependent on you;" Is this means after they come here or before? What range of my income will home office accept to grand them visas? Thanks

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

This means before they come to the UK. You have to show evidence of you sending them money or paying their bills or mortgage etc.

There is no specific amount of income required, however, you will have to show you will be able to maintain and accomodate them without recourse to public funds.

I hope this helps. If so, kindly click accept.

Kind regards,