INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Dear Sirs/Madam I am a spouse of a person who was given

Customer Question

Dear Sirs/Madam

I am a spouse of a person who was given indefinite leave to enter and stay permantly in the UK without restrictions in November 2003. His status was as a refugee.

I enetered the Uk in July 2004 to join him and also have IRE visa.

I have six children all under 18 - four are on my passport and two have their own passports with family renuion visas.

I have passed my ESOL requirment for citizenship and would now like to apply for nationality for myself and my children.

What forms do I need to complete and have qualified to apply for citizenship. My nationality is Turkish.

My husband is still on IRE visa and unfortunately has a prison conviction and is currently awiting a second trial for GBH.

Will this affect my application for nationality?

Kind regards,
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

In order to be Naturalised as a UK Citizen, you need to make an application to the Home Office on Form AN.

Click on the following link for further details and a copy of teh application form:

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to disucss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,