INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

Hi, I am emigrating from UK to Spain and want to set up a business.

Hi, I am emigrating from UK to Spain and want to set up a business. My idea is to have a game store. It will contain x-boxes, PS3 etc. The customer will then pay to play per hour. I have tried to research on the internet how this can be done without getting sued by Microsoft and the others for copyright infringement but cannot find the info i need. How would I get around this? Could this be done? Or would I be able to sell the game and then offer free use of the machine to play it on giving the option of buying it back after they have played for an hour or two?
Please can you help?

Thanks for your question.

If you were to loan a game without the consent of Microsoft or the Owner of the games, you would be guilto of copyright infringement.

I am afraid there is no way around it but to obtain a Licence from the approriate rights proprietor.

I hope this naswers your question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,