INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am a uk citizen and have just been accepted for a ESTA visa

Customer Question

I am a uk citizen and have just been accepted for a ESTA visa to usa, can my friend who is a american citizen also get one for her being a usa citizen?????
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

ESTA is only available to people travelling to the US.

As a US Citizen, your frined would be entitled to travel to the UK without first obtaining Entry Clearance.

A decision will be made at the Proty of Entry and if successful, she will be granted a 6 Months Visitors Visa.

I hope this answers yoru question. If so, kindly click accept.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ty for getting back to me so quickly, we are aware of the 6mths acceptance but we really wanted to know if she could obtain somthing so the imigration people didnt give her such a hard time everytime she comes to the uk, we or should I say neither of us have ever broken the law by overstaying or anything like that, my friend is so nervous and is not a well person. she comes over maybe 3 times a year and I come to the usa the same, we travel on our own Im disabled and am just recieving chemo for the second time for breast cancer, we want to be togeather as much as we can, its just that the imigration give her such a hard time but she cannot stay longer than a month at a time or she would lose her disability, now I hope you understand more our dilema!!!!, how hard would it be for her to get a yearly visa and what would be the cost? ty for listening please can you get back to me with your advise.

hazel.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my reply is written above along with some more questions attached to my original question