How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11819
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a UK citizen and my boyfriend (of 4 years) is moroccan

Resolved Question:

I am a UK citizen and my boyfriend (of 4 years) is moroccan and wants to live with me in the UK and work. He currently lives in Barcelona on a student visa. He has a masters degree in history but no vocational qualifications although speaks 4 languages. What are the options for him getting a work visa
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



Thanks for your question.


Your Boyfriend can make an application for a Tier 1 General Visa, however, he will need to fulfill all of the criteria set out in the Immigration Rules.


The easiest option is either a Fiancee Visa or an Unmarried Partners Visa.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click accept.


If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.


Kind regards,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.



Hi thanks for above but I didnt think you can work on a fiance visa? If we have not lived together (although spendt time together in uk and spain) can we still get an unmarried partner visa? and if so can he work with that?

Expert:  INC replied 7 years ago.



On a Fiancee Visa, you must get married within 6 months, thereafter, he will be granted a Spouse Visa and he will be allowed to work.


For an Unmarried Partners Visa, you would have had to lhave lived to gether for a period before making your application, therefore, this option would npt be available if you have not lived together.


I hope this helps.



INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions