Robert
Robert, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  Fully trained 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have had a new battery fitted in my 07 KA and do not know

Customer Question

HI
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have had a new battery fitted in my 07 KA and do not know the code . the man in halfords let me take a picture of the label on the inside of the radio , how do i get the code? thank you Louise
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: I do not have the manual as i bought the car second hand and the lady didnt have the book
JA: What is the model of your '07 Ford?
Customer: luxury
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The man in halford's fitted the battery and took out the radio and told me to take a picture of the label on the top of the radio and contact ford
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is it thank you
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi..there..

Do you have the a note of the serial number for the radio when i was taken out? normally starts with an "M"

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi mine starts with a V
V015405
Thank you
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Ok well in that case its has to be Ford Dealer im afraid for that type of serial code retrival for that radio..you'd baiscally need to locate you Ford main dealer locally.take that serial code and proof of ownership of the vehicle,id..Sadly you may have to pay a fee for the code but depending on the dealership they may waver it..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you cannot help me , i have paid £25 for nothing
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do i get a refund
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

No one can get V serial codes online..you have to go via the dealer for them..Halfords has pretty much advised the same thing..ive sent request for refund via customer service..

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you , i work for Ford so i will ask around Tuesday when we go back to work