Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 23 years
12772297

Clutch goes down on the floor and won't come back up, Please

Customer Question

clutch goes down on the floor and won't come back up
JA: Got it. We're offering new customers a one-on-one with the same mechanic for £13 instead of £38. Anything else you want the Ford Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Please give me some idea what are the car parts that causing the problem and how much the labor and parts? It's Fod galaxy 1.8 2009.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

hello

for the clutch pedal to go to the floor, either the pedal has cracked / broken or there's an issue with the hydraulics

these car's aren't known for breaking pedals but its worth a quick look in the footwell 1st

otherwise I'd next bleed / flush the hydraulic system with fresh fluid to completely purge the old fluid out

if the fluid is very dark / black then this is a sign that the rubber seals are breaking up

and fresh fluid may not be enough to fix the issue so be prepared to 1st replace the master cylinder with a new part and then again rebleed the system

Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you