Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My van is showing pro enable switch open.my mechanics. It

Customer Question

Hi my van is showing pro enable switch open.my mechanics. It sure what the problem is.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2010 350 lwb
JA: Are you fixing your LWB yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no my mechanic is looking into it but I thought I'd see if I could find out something.it has happened before two years ago but we both can't be sure!!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can it be fixed without going to a main dealer
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 19 days ago.

Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response ,
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

Ok what is the actual fault with your transit

Is it only the case that there is a fault code stored for PTO switch open

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Brian,
The ESP light cane on yesterday morning and then the van seemed to lose power it felt like the brakes were on/or wheels were tightening.
I pulled over and turned her off and back on again and it worked again and for th rest of the day.
It did the same this morning and once I switched her off it cleared it.
Two garages yesterday put their computers on and both showed the PTO enabled switch open was showing,but neither know what to do.
Thanks
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 18 days ago.

Hi there good evening to you and Iam Very sorry for the delayed response I have been unable to get online today

Ok the PTO switch fault code is a fault code which is commonly set in error after the PCM has been updated at some point

I would disregard this fault code Aa I suspect the scanners being used cannot pick up the manufacture code logged

The esp light illuminates due to there being an issue with powertrain Torque v demand system

This can be caused by a turbo /intake System issue and is Nothing to do with the abs/esp system itself

One thing that seems to becoming very common and causes this issue is a faulty intake 2 air temp sensor (located on the lower intercooler pipe ) these suffer from moisture corrosion and can cause erractic readings of the intake temperature readings this should be inspected

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue going forward please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Any positive feedback are kindly appreciated

Brian

Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 days ago.

Hi there good evening to you

How did you get on with our discussed concern

Regards ***** *****

Brian