Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Have adjusted the rear brakesBlade master cylinderAnd stay

Customer Question

Have adjusted the rear brakesBlade master cylinderAnd stay yet you pump the brakes upThey stay until you take your foot off the brakeThen it goes back to the floor
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 26 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you have no brake fluid leaks at all the most common cause that will cause this issue here is the brake master cylinder itself.It has seal/cups internally that weaken over time or in some cases with the incorrect brake fluid used and causes a pressure bleed down like you see here.The brake master cylinder will need replaced and bench bled then installed and the brakes bled of air from there to resolve this issue.I would double check and make sure there are no fluid leaks first.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete