Kevin
Kevin, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

I have the following fault codes - P242F, p024a, p024b,

hey, I have the following fault codes - P242F, p024a, p024b, p2458, p0704
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I have all 5 come up... It's gone into limp mode
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2008 ford diesel 1.6
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken it to a garage. they replaced the oil and tried a 'forced regen'
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: although not 100%, I believe they tried a reset. and then tested the codes again/ how does this work. do I pay to speak to a mechanic?

Hi im kevin first step dont allow this garage to do another forced regen they will blow engine .the reason car wont regen on its own is because there are issues .the main codes that will cause this are p024a and p024b there codes refer to the intercooler bypass flap ( picture ) there are flaps inside this that divert air into turbo without using intercooler .this is used during regen to raise combustion temps .the flaps inside these units seize .if these codes are stored car will not regen .this need to be checked first .second the saturation level on the dpf needs to be viewed on live data on a diagnostic tool .if avove 70 % dpf will need to either be removed and cleaned or replaced .these two things need to be done before going any further.just to add might be wise to find a garage that understand system on your car .forced regens should not be carried out untill all fault codes are adressed .please rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** easy to check the intercooler bypass flaps to see if they are seized?

Yesh just pop hose clamps off and take a look inside and make sure flaps can be moved they should be in the open position

please rate my service