Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

We are currently travelling back from France and have

Customer Question

Hi there. We are currently travelling back from France and have 'engine malfunction' warning and now in LHM. We are still moving but slow. We think this is just a software issue as our car has been plagued. Can we do anything to get out of LHM mode as all the garages in France are closed on saturday
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 5 months ago.
Hi there , good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist/ offer you advice you to todayOk without having the fault codes cleared the vehicle won't come out of limp home mode itself
You can try dissconnecting the battery for 5-10 minutes to see if this will reset /clear the PCMThe limp home may be constant depending on the exact fault code that is logged
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue going forward please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a dayBrian

Hi there good afternoon to you

How did you get on with our limp home issue

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian