Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My car is hard to crank,would intake air sensor bank 1 and 2

Customer Question

My car is hard to crank,would intake air sensor bank 1 and 2 solve this problem? I then called an auto parts store for these parts but they are not in Stock nor listed. Do these intake air sensors have another name??
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually the intake air temp sensors will not cause a hard start like this here.What does cause a hard start is an issue with a weak fuel pump not supplying enough fuel pressure to start the engine properly or an issue with an engine coolant temp sensor sending an incorrect temp signal needing replaced.

These are the most common

I would have the engine coolant temp sensor signal checked/tested to see if the sensor needs replaced as well as the fuel pressure for any low pressure issues needing resolved.

I have had to replace both before.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete