Hope your week was okay? I am back on my Ford Focus fault

Customer Question

Hi Brian. Hope your week was okay? I am back on my Ford Focus fault finding and bridged ports 1&5 as suggested but i left my ignition turned on this week so the battery has ran down. Lol stupid fault. Anyway, i have the jumper cables on the car now and it seem like we are getting somewhere. The fault is gone with ports 1&5 bridged and seem like it wants to start but the batt is still to weak. So your suspicions seems to be correct. Where do i go from here please?
Category: UK Ford
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Brian. I pulled the plug on the engine fuse box and put it back in, put the relay13 back in and All Good. Everything works����. I guess either the plug was not in properly or it had some fault codes stored and some how reset them with everything i tried. Anyway, its going now and i had it running for an hour and a half. No issues. Only one. My radio asks for a code and i dont have it. Do you know of a code i can put in? Thanks. Vincent
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 months ago.
Hi there Vincent good morning to you and sorry for the delayed responseThat's great news the earth from the PCM to activate this relay comes through this connector In the engine bay fuse boxI would suspect the audio unit will be the same as European ones
Most audio unit have a serial number self read function but into the unitIf you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number
The serial number will look like this - example
V015638 or M048725If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediatelyIf the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit needs to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unitKind regards ***** *****
Hi Vincent good afternoon to youIf you need any furture help or technical advice With your vehicle Please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If were satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as this helps build my online profile
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback/bonuses is kindly appreciatedBrian
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Brian. I am really sorry for the late response. I am back at work for the week and will try on the coming weekend to remove the audio system to get the serial number for you. I tried using numbers 1&6 & 2&6 but it did not do anything. I don't have the tool to remove it there for i will have to improvise. Hope i can get it out. Will get back to you with the serial number mate. Again, thanks for your help and patience. Vincent.
Hi VincentNo worriesI look forward to your replyKindest regards
Customer: replied 3 months ago.