Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have just bought a 2012 focus with keyless go, i have

Customer Question

Hello, I have just bought a 2012 focus with keyless go, i have access to ids and other key learning tools, The vehicle was supplied with only one key (smart keyless go) i have another non programmed keyless i wish to add, This i can do without an issue and i am confident about the procedure as i have done this in the past.
However i would prefer to erase all known keys as i do not know were the 2nd programmed key is to the car (I just bought it from a local auction and one key was missing!) If i start a ids session and erase all known keys my concern is when it request me to cycle the ignition (turn ignition off and put new key in within 10 seconds) i would not be able to turn the ignition back on. I cannot risk the car not working then as it too much of an inconvenience, My question is is there a way to bridge the relay like there is on mk4 mondeo keyless to get the ignition live?
Hello, I have just bought a 2012 focus with keyless go, i have access to ids and other key learning tools, The vehicle was supplied with only one key (smart keyless go) i have another non programmed keyless i wish to add, This i can do without an issue and im confident about the procedure as i have done this in the past.
However i would prefer to erase all known keys my concern is once i erase i will not be able to turn ign on off to learn the new keyless keys
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 6 months ago.

Hi there good morning to you sorry for the delayed response

my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you some technical assistance with your concern

Ok the keykess system on focus is different from Mondeo boy in the eventuality of a no ignition issue we could bridge it on (diagrams would need to be studied )

Ford have now changed the way the immobilisor /replacement keys are programmed

Depending on the software your ids is running it may not be able to programme the keykess remotes

This is down to the fact we now use a system called FDRS (this is Etis online /connected to a ford server ) and has been implemented in all newer Immobilsor system repairs

For this reason I would suggest you don't erase the keys while attempting to code the new one as ids may let you erase them but won't let you code them

So it would be better to add the key first to ensure it works the. If it does you can go back in and erase all keys and recode the two you have

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you

If you were satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER

Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated

Brian

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Brain Thank you for your timely reply, Yes i am familiar with the new FDRS system ford have implemented. To which i have no access, What i will do is learn the replacement fob with a earlier v. of ids, which will allow manual entry of the required code! However i will not feel comfortable erasing all known unless i have the diagram you mention to allow me to bridge ignition live as this is a backup plan and without it i would not proceed i cannot afford to have VOR. I will come back to you later on once i confirm key learn via ids. many thanks

Hi there no worries

If you need assistance with the manual I code etc please let me know

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian