My mk6 transit 300 mwb 2002 engine management light came on

Customer Question

HI my mk6 transit 300 mwb 2002 engine management light came on then lost power turned it of then restarted carried on for a while then same thing happened this went on for a good few miles till eventually it wouldn't start any more . the AA guy said its got a p0251 fuel injection fault what would i have to change to fix this problem thanks
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: yes turns over and a good battery is fitted
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: maybe if not i can get a man to come and do it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it starts when you use a little easy start but ive only done that once and when turn engine of and try restarting it dont start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 3 months ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you technical assistance with your issueOk the fault code you have of p0251 indicates a fuel metering issue
This is caused when the fuel pressure deviates + or - 50 bar if the target value
The PCM detects this and in turn takes the vehicle into limp home mode (glow plug light flashing )This fault is commonly caused by a blocked fuel filter or worn injectors which leak off too much fuel under load causing a drop in fuel pressureThe first port of call with this code is to replace the fuel filter if this hadn't been done as it should be replaced every 37,500 miles
If the filter has been replaced or fault persists after the filter has been replaced
Then the injector an leak off test should be carried out (always carry this out when engine is hot
As this makes the injectors show true values
I always carry out a 4 minute idle leak off test and note resultsIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you were satisfied with my answer /advice
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciatedBrian