Radio code KA 2001 required, Battery was recently

Customer Question

Radio code for Ford KA 2001 required
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Battery was recently disconnected - code not on manual
JA: What is the model of your '01 Ford?
Customer: Ford KA date of registration 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hope to do myself / have tried nothing other than pressing numbers!!!!
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I know - this KA was left to me by my late sister who had it from new / there are only 15000 miles on it !!!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases this has to be obtained by a dealer and they may not charge for this if you show them proof of ownership.If this is not an option for you and you want to continue here instead to see if anyone else can assist with this code let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ford KA Collection 2000
Engine No: WPRB1P69787
Code needed to unlock radio
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 4 months ago.

Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you technical assistance with your issue

If you can give me the serial number from the audio unit

Ie: M067436

I will be able to generate your code

Kind regards ***** *****