Just had a flat battery on my 08 gslaxy and after trying to

Customer Question

Just had a flat battery on my 08 gslaxy and after trying to jump start have the immobiliser inactive message showing?
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's my fault the battery is flat, I left ignition on.. Tried to jump start it but then got immobiliser issues, have now managed to reset the immobiliser so it's not showing " immobiliser inactive" message anymore but battery is still too flat to start (I presume because it won't start but all lights on each are working) but I presume if I try to recharge the battery again I'll get the same problem with the immobiliser not working??
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Well yes because I live on a remote island!
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Don't think so!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 5 months ago.
Hi there , good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you todayOk the Immobilsor active message is activated because of the voltage spike in the system
As it thinks it is being stolenIf you fully charge the battery up and then reconnect it you wont have this issue and the vehicle will reset itself and start upIt's a common issue we see on Mondeo /smax and Galaxy (same platform used)If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you were satisfied with my answer /advice
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated
Hi there good morning to you how did you get on with your Immobilsor issueRegards
In advanceBrian