Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a 2007 connect and am putting a reconditioned injection

Customer Question

Hi, i have a 2007 connect and am putting a reconditioned injection pump on, trying to get the timing for the pump, its run off a double chain, regards ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its a 2007 1.8 tdci connect van , just need the timing set up for diesel injection pump as that would really help me out , thanks ***** *****
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 7 months ago.
Hi there , good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today Ok you will need to tone the engine up as the you are removing the pump which requires the top timing belt to be removed The bottom belt/chain assembly is located in a cassette and won't move when you remove the pump Ok the crankshaft locking pin is inserted(screwed in ) to the block through a hole located behind the alternator (through the bracket ) You need to remove the alternator and then remove the 10 mm bolt (accessed through the hole in the alternator bracket )You then need to use a flat bar in the camshaft to lock the top end up A tip when refitting the timing pin hole bolt is to use insulating tape to hold it to the socket as it makes it a lot easier to refit this bolt through the recess If you ever need any future help or technical advice please let me know If you have been satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated Brian
Hi there good morning to you
How did you get on with the timing issue
Was the advice given useful for youKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What I need to know is , is the injection pump timed as I have a feeling it just spins and creates pressure so it shouldn't matter where it is in relation to the crank shaft as its driven by a chain
Hi there good afternoon to you
Ok the fuel pump is just a high pressure fuel pump )no timing marks )
And is only used to supply high fuel pressure to the tdci rail chamber
Some earlier tdci fuel pumps had a hole at 12 o'clock that is used for pump balance
If this hole is on your pump line it up with etched line on block at 12. O'clock
Again this is only for pump balance nothing to do with timingIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you were satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciatedBrian
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 6 months ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you How did you get on with the fuel pump isdue we discussed If possible please remember to rate my answer when prompted Kind regards ***** ***** Brian