Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a noise from my engine on my st225 2007 but when I

Customer Question

I have a noise from my engine on my st225 2007 but when I pull the dipstick out the noise stops
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the noise is a winning noise
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: maybe
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today Ok this is an issue I have come across a few times on the 2.5st (V15)engine where by the positive crankcase ventilation valve (housed internal of The oil filter housing ) collapses /blocks up causing excessive crankcase pressure which in turn causes a whining /honing type noise which disperses when you pull the dipstick out or slacken the oil filler capthis noise is due to excessive crankcase pressure which bu owning the filler cap or dipstick you allow the engine to breathe commonly this will also split the rocker cover breather hose No further damage will occur and you will ok to drive the vehicle until you can get it fixed To resolve the issue you need to replace the oil filter housing and the rocker cover breather hose (modified hose with tougher material ) If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you were satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated Brian
Hi there good morningHow did you get on with our crankcase noise issue
If you need further assistance please let me knowKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Hi there good morning to youHow did you get on with the noise issue we discussedRegards ***** *****
Brian