Trev
Trev, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
15853224

Have just bought a ford galaxy yesterday 2001 1.9 tdi. Was

Customer Question

Have just bought a ford galaxy yesterday 2001 1.9 tdi. Was told turbo had just been changed however on driving it home car has a loss of power around 1500 and top end power is not there. Mot was done last week and a slight leak on exhaust was an advisory. Car will not go faster than 60 mph when running , and has problems getting over 40 after an incline. Garage refusing to take back as they claim sold as seen and on test drive on flat land car was fine. Any ideas
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What more info do you neef
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Nathan B replied 7 months ago.
Hi there.Welcome to ja.comeI hope I can help you today but I just need to ask you a quick question so I can answer you better.1. Are there any warning lights on on the dashboard. Like the coil light or engine light?I look forward to your replyThank you in advanceNathan
Expert:  Nathan B replied 7 months ago.
Hi again.I live Ireland but I am originally from the UK. I have done a bit of research there and I would like to draw your attention to this website which shows your rights when buying a car in the UK.http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-buyers-guide/cbg_legalrights.htmlIt short, it states that there is no such thing as sold as seen. Within the first 30 days if a fault occurs then the garage has to be first given a chance to fix the problem at their cost and if you are not happy then then they have to take the car back.So really they have to check out the car and fix it especially as you only bought the car yesterday.I hope this has helped you but if you still require help with this matter I am here to answer any more questions and help you more even if you have accepted my answer you can still post on here as it doesn't close the question.Also, if you need help in the future you can contact me on here via my profile and I will be happy to help you.Please remember to rate my answer as this is how I get paid and any feedback is very much appreciated.Thank you in advanceNathan