I have ford transit connect all of a sudden it will loose

Customer Question

Hi i have ford transit connect all of a sudden it will loose all revs but engine is still ticking over , i then turn engine off then restart and it ok for a while ?
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Ford Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it.
Customer: Ford transit connect engine looses revs mainly at high speed. I switch engine off then restart and its ok for a while?
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: The van is a 03 with 170000 miles on clock
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 6 months ago.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
my name is ***** ***** i would be happy to assist you todayOk Does this happen on hard accelerationIs there no throttle response even when left to idle
Is there any black smoke eveidentDoes the glow plug light flashKind regards ***** *****Brian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry lost signal yesterday. I would say not particually on high acceleration, more like continuous revs. No throttle response just tick over. Yes Black smoke only when cold. No glow plugs flash. /
Hi there thanks no worriesOk the first thing I would advise is to blank the EGR valve off as this is a common occurance on the 1.8tdci transit connect
what happens is the EGR valve sticks open causing excess exhaust gas to enter the engine this in turn chokes the engine thus you will get no throttle response which if held down would probably return at some pointBy blanking off the EGR valve you are not allowing any exhaust gas to enter the engine therefore ruling out this as part of the diagnostic
To blank the valve off you need to cut a metal plate the same shape as the gasket and slip it In-between the EGR feed pipe to inlet manifold connectionI would do this first and monitor the situation
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you were satisfied with my answer /advice
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated
We can continue on this sabe post if requiredBrian
Hi there good evening to you How did you get on with my advice Regards ***** ***** Brian