Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I have a Ford Fiesta Flame 1.4 (2004) which I have had from

Customer Question

I have a Ford Fiesta Flame 1.4 (2004) which I have had from new over the past three years I have had a problem with the alarm going off. Fortunately this doesn't seem to happen at night though this might sound silly the alarm goes when the day temperature rises. This might happen twice during the day. We are still able to drive the car but the red light that shows the door/boot is open remains on for at least two hours until it seems to reset itself.
JA: OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Ford Mechanic whenever you like. OK. Feel free to minimize me and read in peace. Just know I can connect you with the Ford Mechanic whenever you like. Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: The car is 12 years old but has only done 40.000 miles
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: ok never had any other problems
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix.
Customer: Thank you
JA: Anything else I can tell the Ford Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 8 months ago.
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
my name is ***** ***** i would be happy to assist you tonightOk the central locking is controlled completely from the GEM module (this is located behind trim below steering wheel /to the right )
Ok the reason your doors are cycling is that the GEM module is still seeing one of the doors are open
This can be caused by either an internal fault with the GEM itself or more commonly a faulty drivers door latch
When you close the door a micro switch connects internal of the latch and an earth is sent from the door latch to the GEM. module to tell the module the door is closed
When the door is opened the earth is removed from the GEM thus it knows the door is open
Most commonly the drivers door latch micro switch has failed and the latch doesn't send the earth to the GEM module thus why the locks cycle
Ideally to clarify this issue the wiring should be checked at the GEM module (with fault present )to find which latch is not sending the earth
I can assist with wiring information if required also
We are lucky enough that the ford ids software we use in the dealership lets us visually see what doors are closed /open which makes diagnosing in dealership a lot quicker and easierIf you need anymore help or advice on issue going forward please let me know
If you have been completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 7 months ago.
Hi there good evening to you
How did you get on regarding the advice given on your alarm issueKind regards ***** *****
Brian