Trev, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician

Ford: I have 2001 ford focus. It stopped running and the code

Customer Question

I have 2001 ford focus. It stopped running and the code was p1237. I just replaced the fuel pump driver module and car still wont start. Now i am gettin code p0001. Dont know what to do.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, The Code P1237 suggests that the FPDM is not able to control the fuel pump due to a circuit problem or failed pump and the most common cause is not a failed driver module but instead a failed fuel pump.In order to determine if in fact that is the case you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. The code P0001 is not a valid Ford code so I would take care of the P1237 first ..