My name is ***** *****. My daughter has called me to say her

Customer Question

Hi Mike. My name is ***** *****. My daughter has called me to say her Ford KA won't start. When turning on the ignition, she reports that there no lights showing on the instrument panel and it won't turn over. This has happened several times over the last few months. She took it to Kwikfit on suspicion of the battery being unserviceable but they said it was fine. Is it possible that there could be a draw on the battery even though everything is apparently switched off? Many thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Only to add that the car was last run days ago.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 6 months ago.
Hi there ,good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you some technical assistance with your concernDoes the vehicle need to be jump started to enable lights /starting etcKind regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it does need to be jump started
Hi thanksOk the first thing that should be carried is a battery drain test
Using an ammeter
After 1-2 hours the maximum permissible drain is 0.05amps
If it is greater than this then you have what is known as a parasitic battery drain (most commonly one of the modules staying awake after keying off ) this can be caused by a software issue or internal module issues
If there is no drain then the next methodical diagnostic process is to replace the battery as I have seen issues where by the battery won't hold its charge intermitently (and ends up completely dead ) after a short period of time
Even though it passes the battery test as commonly if there is a drain it is there more frequentlyIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you were satisfied with my answer /advice
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice Day
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciatedBrian
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks. Have a good day yourself
Hi there no worries
If you need any further assistance please let me know
If you have been satisfied with my advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice dayBrian