Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

What does fault code u1a04 mean?. Got a mk4 modeo and code

Customer Question

what does fault code u1a04 mean?. Got a mk4 modeo and code has been logged and got engine management light, ABS and anti skid lights on. I need to know how to id which part is at fault i.e abs module or wheel speed sensor.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: will try to, or else will take to the garage and hopefully point them in the right direction to save time
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: 2.0 Petrol, 57 plate, 79k miles, estate
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you some technical assistance with your concernOk the u1a04 code is an invalid data received from the pcm to the abs module this codes should be ignored to start with in this case as is the case with all U codesWhat code is logged in the PCM/ECU
and is this the only code logged in abs modulealso does the vehicle lack power at allKind regards ***** *****
Brian