Kevin
Kevin, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

I have a ford transit T280 58reg that wont start after

Customer Question

I have a ford transit T280 58reg that wont start after draning water from diesel fuel filter via the yellow drain plug on the bottom of fuel filter I think air has got into the fuel line
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: well I drained out the diesel fuel filter because the fuel filter contamination warning light came on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yeah I hoping too as the van is stuck at home and need it Monday morning
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: just tried cranking it over and over
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: I can see Air in the fuel pipe from the fuel filter so assume that I need to bleed fuel system
JA: Our top Ford Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Ford Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Ford Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

hi im Kevin there are tools to bleed the fuel system when something like thee happens as fords in particular can be a pain to start when air enters fuel system .do you have another vehicle capable of towing van ?

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

do you still need assistance ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I could get a friend to give me tow with his van. I was hoping I could Bleed the fuel system myself or at least have go at doing it. I have got a syphon pump and a electrical suction pump. There is four fuel pipes connected to the top of fuel filter the two on the right hand come from the fuel tank the two on left connect to the fuel pump one of which is a clear pipe and I can see air in it
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

ok as you look at filter you need to disconnect the back right hand fuel line and attach your pump to the filter unit on the pipe .if this doesn't work towing vehicle and bump starting will work its an easier cleaner option(but obviously more hassle )

please rate my service

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok I will try that tomorrow as daylight has gone. Do I need to pump the fuel out via the back right hand fuel filter connector and back into the pipe that is disconnected? or can I just pump it out into a container?
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

into a container is fine once you have a good flow reconnect pipe and crank

please remember to rate my service

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

did you have any luck?

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

please rate my service if no further assistance is required

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

please remember to rate