Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

My ford transit lost power and will not restart what could

Customer Question

my ford transit lost power and will not restart what could the problem be - we checked there is oil in the van - last friday it was run down low on diesel and filled up monday morning went on a 45 mile journey but when returning on the motorway it just stopped and they had to free wheel to a safe stopping place - aa has said the engine has siezed what does this mean is wrong with the van
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my ford transit lost power and will not restart what could the problem be - we checked there is oil in the van - last friday it was run down low on diesel and filled up monday morning went on a 45 mile journey but when returning on the motorway it just stopped and they had to free wheel to a safe stopping place - aa has said the engine has siezed what does this mean is wrong with the van
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 10 months ago.

Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response

Okey what happens when you trying to Start the vehicke does then engine turn over or is that just a click Heard or nothing

Also was there any knocking type noises previous to this happening

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi no there was no knocking noise prior and there is just a click heard on trying to restart

Hi there thanks

Ok if there is just a click heard this would indicate the starter motor is trying to turn the engine but failing

This would confirm what the AA said regarding the seized engine

If this is the case then you need to have the engine replaced as the engine is rendered unusable once seized

Most commonly this is down to poor oil quality or lack of servicing causing the bottom end of the engine to fail

This can be clarified by trying to manually turn the engine using the crankshaft pulley but I suspect This has been done by the AA To confirm fault

In cases like this it's more cost effective to install a second hand or reconditioned engine

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know

If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day

Brian

Hi there did you receive my reply

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian