Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

Have just added coolant into the engine oil by mistake. I

Customer Question

hello.
Have just added coolant into the engine oil by mistake. I have put about 50ml to 100ml i think what should i do. The engine has not been started. It is a 2009 ford fiesta. Many thanks
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Drain the oil and put in new oil and it will be fine. The coolant will have only gone into the oil pan at this point and not circulated into the oil filter or into the oil passages, so just draining the oil pan of oil will remove all the coolant and no need to replace the oil filter

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?