Trev
Trev, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
15853224

Its ***** *****, just fitted a new turbo to my mk7 transit

Customer Question

Hi its ***** *****, just fitted a new turbo to my mk7 transit 2.4 140. Primed it, warmed it, went to test drive and it bellowed smoke out and revvednflat out. Turned it off, wouldn't stop, had to stall it!!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its a brand new turbo (genuine) bearings gone in old one! Revved OK til I drove it then lots of smoke and flat out revs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.

Hi there good evening to you

Ok did the old turbo collapse badly

What colour was the smoke

Regards Brian