Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

My 2006 Ford territory has a noise (constant ticking) noise

Customer Question

Hi! My 2006 Ford territory has a noise (constant ticking) noise in front end. Feels like it's under my left foot when I'm driving and passenger feet also.
I've had the ball joints, sway bars replaced and the noise continues. Very frustrating. I've had it to ford dealer, and 2 independent mechanics as well as tyre dealer. Rotated wheels, full wheel balance etc etc and still the noise continues. It only changes from surface to surface.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the front wheel bearings were not checked to see if any of the front wheel bearing assemblies are at fault this can cause this fault here.I have seen the wheel bearing assembly fail causing this type of noise here.In most cases this will need checked with the vehicle on a hoist listening to the noise with an automotive stethoscope listening to see which one is noisier when the wheel is spinning.This is a common issue.

If this has already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi! Wheel bearings and assemblies have been checked sadly and all ok.......it's so frustrating!
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Is this a front wheel drive model with axles in the front or awd?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
FWD
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

O.k.,were the axles inspected to see if any of the axle joints/cv joints were failing at all.I have seen the axle joints cause this noise.One other component I have seen cause this noise is the output bearing in the output shafts for the axles.These will start to fail causing this noise here.If these have not been checked into yet this would be my next step to see if any of these are the cause here.

Thanks Pete