Trev
Trev, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
15853224

Can i get my ford radio code using my car registration

Customer Question

can i get my ford radio code using my car registration
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 10 months ago.

Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

Ok in order for me to generate your radio code i will need the serial number of the audio unit as there is no other way to generate the code (the registration number is ***** )

Most ford audio units have a serial number self read function built into the unit

If you press and hold buttons 1&6 or 2&6 (older units the unit will run through a self test and should run through various displays and display the serial number
The serial number will look like this - example
V015638 or M048725

If you can get back to me with this number I will generate your radio code immediately

If the self test function doesn't work and the unit doesn't display the serial number then the audio unit WILL need to be removed /popped out to read the serial number from the side of the unit

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian