Trev
Trev, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
15853224

Intermittent power loss with ford focus 2000 zetec. dio test

Customer Question

Customer: intermittent power loss with ford focus 2000 zetec. dio test showed p1288 temp sensor fault. but understand that this is the problem? it drives fine with no fault dash lights no
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yeah I think it could be the fuel pump as it seems to do it when on 1/4 full. the car runs like a dream every other time
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah lets go but how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** am a diagnostic technician and look forward to working with you.

Based on what you have said, this does sound like the fuel pump may be the problem. When you say the car suffers with power loss, how long does it last? Will the engine completely cut out if the clutch is depressed? Thanks, Ross.