Trev
Trev, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
15853224

My name is ***** ***** Mathers. I have a 60 reg ford focus

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Mathers. I have a 60 reg ford focus and the battery went flat whilst I was on holiday. I tried jump leads but got a message "transmission malfunction". I have now got a new battery and exactly the same error message. It won't start. It is a manual transmission vehicle.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I believe that I have explained it. The vehicle won't start and despite a new battery it still indicates transmission malfunction
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 12 months ago.

Hi there good afternoon to you and sorry for the delayed response

Ok what engine is fitted in your focus

And is there ---- on the dash and the red light flashing rapidly

Regards ***** *****

Brian