rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My transit crew cab door open light is stay on but all door

Customer Question

Hi My transit crew cab door open light is stay on but all door r closed and when I try to look it I give off one beep
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It sounds like one of the door switches is either bad or not grounding to turn off that light. No real issue, you just need to isolate which one by disconnecting them one at a time until the light goes out, then that is the bad switch if the wiring is ok.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Were r the switches u have only told me the obvious
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

The switches are in the door frames. Look with the door open at the pillars where the door closes, you will see a push button switch.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me positively and keep this link in case we need to address this further at a later date.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There r no push buttons on the frame
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Not on the frame, on the pillars where the doors close. there has to be switches for the door to contact to turn out the dome light and the door ajar light in the cluster. It's a multi-function switch.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will take a look tomorrow how can I get back to u
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Just keep this link.

Thanks again,