Trev
Trev, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  NVQ 3, Modern Apprenticeship, MOT Tester, 15+ years experience diagnostic technician
15853224

I have a Ford Ka 2003. The coolant has somehow become like

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Ford Ka 2003. The coolant has somehow become like sand. I mean it is not in its liquid state but is solidified. The heater is of course not working. My question is what could be causing the issue and how much can it be to fix it. I am leaving the UK in June so I do not want to invest much in the car. would it be feasible to run the car just by adding coolant every now and then?
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.

Hi there good morning to you

Ok is the coolant resivoir a brown rust colour

Regards brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for your answer. The problem is not really the color but rather the consistency of the coolant. It is not liquid. I have never hear of a non liquid coolant.