Greg
Greg, Shop owner
Experience:  27 years experience on imports 17 years shop owner.
29331485

A friend of mine just bought a 2004 fiesta automatic. She is

Customer Question

Hi Mike, a friend of mine just bought a 2004 fiesta automatic. She is having trouble with the automatic gearbox. The car fails to move off sometimes and looses drive other times. The oil levels are ok but tranmission warning light flashes intermittently, Any ideas? She is in uk.
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

If the Power train control light is flashing then she needs to get to a good local Ford repair shop or dealer

to have the car hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes .

If she is not experiencing any engine misfiring then she is okay to keep driving until she can get to a repair shop.

If she has the automatic trans then she maybe having a problem with this , The PCL warning light is a none emission type code.

So after doing the diagnostic scan she will then know what her problem is .

If she can get the malfunction codes and want confirmation of this issue then please post the codes here for me to have checked .

Still need help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.