Mike, Technician
Experience:  34 years experience of motor vehicle diagnostics
9261905

I have aa 2011 Ford Mondeo 2.2 Tdci Duratech 29k miles which

Customer Question

Hi. I have aa 2011 Ford Mondeo 2.2 Tdci Duratech 29k miles which has an intermittent fault where it is completely lacking in power (like limp mode or no turbo) bit no fault light on the dash. I have taken it to the indi dealler I bought it from 2.5 months ago and they are not being very helpful. The have cleared the following fault codes and say that it is fine. Yes but the problem is intermittent, I was expecting some form of investigation! Lookong arouns on the ineternet forums suggest several potential root causes. Other than the lack of power there does not appear to be any pther issues. I like the car but if they cannot sort it I want my money back! Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Dan
P06A7 - sensor reference voltage b circuit range/performance
P2127 - throttle/peddle position sensor/switch e circuit low input
P1412 - egr frozen
P2508 - ecm/pcm power input signal high
P02E9 -diesel intake air flow position sensor circuit high
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome -

My name is***** happy to help / advise.

You say that they say they cleared the fault codes and say its fine. Evidently its not fine - and whats more , there wouldn't likely have been any fault codes if the EML doesn't come on while driving.

With such an intermittent fault , honestly, such can be hard to diagnose so its best to start at the start.

What is the vehicle service history like - while its got such low mileage, it still has to be serviced "time" wise on schedule -so if thats not happened - it would be a good idea to have at least an engine service done - which would inc the change of oil -and filters. Often this will pick up and cure such a fault.

If the servicing is ok - then I suggest strongly to double check the condition of the air filter - regardless of service history ( sometimes they get missed! ).. and change if dirty.

Then - in any event, have the fuel filter changed - as this is very likely your issue. At the same time - put in the tank a good , well known Diesel fuel injection system cleaner -from any good car shop - preferably one called Forte... Too - use a well known / good make of filter - such as Mahle - Mann etc or genuine Ford.

To be honest - you may well find that cures this issue you have altogther. - IF not, then the EGR valve is suspect and should be removed for test and cleaning... Often they will respond to cleaning - but be sure the port where it fits is thoroughly cleaned at the same time.

Working as above through , should see this issue fixed for you Dan.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~>>~~>>~ Meanwhile now at this point- Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .

.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --

Best Rgds, MIKE