Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I am researching a code, p2119. I see it's a TPS issue. How

Customer Question

I am researching a code, p2119. I see it's a TPS issue. How difficult is that to replace at home?
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Depending on the model of the vehicle that throttle position sensor or throttle actuator has to be replaced with the complete throttle body on the engine.Usually the throttle body is bolted on with 3 or 4 bolts needing removed as well as electrical connections unplugged from it and any cables removed.In some cases there are engine coolant hoses attached to the throttle body and they would need removed and installed on the new throttle body.

On some models the throttle position sensor itself can be replaced seperately and is usually held in place with about 3 screws on the side of most throttle bodies.It usually pulls off after the screws are removed then the new one pushed into place lining up any levers or cogs then the screws installed.You may also have to have a throttle relearn done after any replacement of any of these here and this relearn has to usually be done with either a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle or a computer plugged into your vehicle that can do this relearn procedure.The procedure usually takes less then an hour to do.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete