Kevin
Kevin, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

I have mondeo econetic 1.6 2011, is there a fuel pump on or

Customer Question

Hi, I have mondeo econetic 1.6 2011, is there a fuel pump on or near the fuel tank to lift the fuel up to the filter, what happed was yesterday my car gave me an engine malfunction alarm on the dashboard and I stopped and she wouldn't start again so I changed the filter but either I can't prime the pump or there's a lift pump that isn't working, any ideas?
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi im kevin there is no lift pump these are a pain to start without priming tool the bust way is to bump start car

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would u have any idea why she would have cut out on me in the first place and by bump start u mean push start and put her in gear
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Yes but youll have to do this but tow the car it takes strain off starting system whilst priming fuel system . It could be a blocked fuel filter these are very common but realistically the only way to know is to have car plugged in and fault codes read

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I plugged it into my own obc2 on my laptop but it gave no fault at all so I can't figure out what could be wrong
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok obd wont always access the whole ecu system as it will only read part of system .due to block exemption laws mafufacturers have to include the plug and access to emmissions related data .now its likely that the fault stored wont be covered under emissions related protocols and wont show up without a manufacturer specific tool