Gallagher99
Gallagher99, FORD SENIOR /SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR/SPECIALIST TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

I've got a ford mondeo 2009 2.0 tdci. my battery went flat

Customer Question

i've got a ford mondeo 2009 2.0 tdci. my battery went flat and now i've put a new one on it's coming up with immobilser active. then engine fault
Category: UK Ford
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 1 year ago.

Hi there good morning to you

Ok when you mention the battery went flat has the vehicle been standing idle for a while or has the vehicle been in use daily

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
had i little accident only bumper damage was recovered back to me a week later, turned up and the battery was flat so i replaced the battery.

Hi there thanks

Ok was it front bumper / passenger side and what repair was done

And why was it returned to you flat

Sorry for the questions just trying to get a better feel for your issue

Regards Brian

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
my wife had an accident hardly no damage to the bumper, she had a recovery firm pick it up and take it back to their yard. when i got back as i was away for 10 days working.. I went to have a look at the damage to the car and was a bit suprised my wife had it recovered back. the bumper is cracked on the passenger side front bumper the fog light was hanging of but that was it.
went to start the car at the recovery yard but it wound not start. So i got them to recover it back home replaced the battery but the immobilliser actice message is still on

Hi there thanks

The reason I asked is that the PCM /ecu located directly behind the passnger front bumper and may have been removed etc when repair was carried out

I have seen vehicles recovered in similar to yours to find the PCM multiplug a not fitted correctly as they are a pull type fit so it may be worth phoning the company to find out if the PCM was removed etc as I assume the Vehicle was driving ok until this company were involved

As your vehicle is coming up with engine system fault and Immobilsor it may be the case the PCM isn't communicating with the other modules

A diagnostic check would clarify this )as you would have no communications with the PCM leading to this issue

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 11 months ago.

Hi there good afternoon to you

How did you get on with our immobildor issue

Regards ***** *****

Brian