Kevin
Kevin, UK Ford Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

Got Ford Fiesta changed battery in key fob, fob not opening

Customer Question

Got Ford Fiesta changed battery in key fob , fob not opening door
Category: UK Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
car has no electric so immobiliser must be
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin let check where your at car starts ok but no remote locking or unlocking correct? What have you tried so far ? Just double check battery the correct way round. Was key working before battery change ? What was the reason for change?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no electrics in car when put key in the ignition , changed battery cause could not get in car in the morning
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Ok it sounds more like the car battery is flat I would recommend you try to charge battery or replace battery on car

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cannot open bonnet cause release catch does not come out , it was working ok the night before , how do u get immobiliser off
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

I don't think it's an immobiliser fault as once the key is in ignition the system will relesase immobiliser I believe you have a flat battery as the immobiliser will not stop other items functioning you would still be able to turn ignition on and radio and lights the car just wouldn't start

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing happens when I put key in the ignition
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Yes this wouldn't happen if it was immobiliser everything would be normal the car would try to start the engine would turn over but wouldn't start you have a power problem you need to either jump start ,charge battery or replace

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Did you get car started?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No cannot get bonnet open cause the release lever in passenger side is not opening bonnet??
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Get someone to push down on bonnet whilst pulling lever

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got car started ,now engine management light on abs light and hand brake light on ,and speedo not working
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

First thing to do is check the charging with a multimeter